Wednesday, December 10, 2008

And so I dream

I dream --
Of days when children play
So innocently in our streets;
And young girls look and smile
In the faces of those they meet,
Unashamed, and without fear,
Untainted with life's soil;
When age is politely honoured
And respect shown to one and all;
And the scent of jasmine fills the air;
The song of birds heard everywhere;
And even the simple have no care --

I pray:
Our Father, Who is in heaven,
Holy is Your Name;
Your Kingdom come, Your will be done
On earth as it is in heaven.
Help me to provide my children
With the love and discipline they need;
Bring to repentance, and, or, justice
Those who violate by deed
The dependent young through seduction
Or the aged through selfish contempt;
Lift us into holiness
For none are exempt.
Let Your Kingdom come
And Your will be done;
To us, dear God, reveal Your Son.

My Lord,
I bow the knee.
14/03/1998

No comments: