Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Encouragement in the midst of Trial

15 Though He slay me, yet will I trust Him. ... 16 He also shall be my salvation, (Job 13:15, 16)

Throughout my life there have been all kinds of trials and difficulties, and at times it feels as if God is trying to slay me; and one day He shall declare enough, and withdraw life from my body. I have never deserved life, nor have I deserved the blessings of God that have accompanied my life. However, for some reason, Jesus Christ gave His life that I may be saved; He is my salvation. O the mystery and wonder of the grace of God - even while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us; He Who knew no sin, became sin, that we might be called the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus; it is by grace you have been saved through faith, not of works lest anyone should boast.

Jesus is the Christ; He is the Son of God; He is God incarnate - God of very God, Man of very Man; equal with God in every respect; distinct in person, but inseparable. It is this Jesus that I trust, and it is this Jesus Who is my Salvation.

No comments: