Tuesday, May 12, 2009

A Curse for the Enemies of the Triune God


19 You know my reproach, my shame, and my dishonor;
My adversaries are all before You.
20 Reproach has broken my heart,
And I am full of heaviness;
I looked for someone to take pity, but there was none;
And for comforters, but I found none.
21 They also gave me gall for my food,
And for my thirst they gave me vinegar to drink.

22 Let their table become a snare before them, And their well-being a trap. 23 Let their eyes be darkened, so that they do not see; And make their loins shake continually. 24 Pour out Your indignation upon them, And let Your wrathful anger take hold of them. 25 Let their dwelling place be desolate; Let no one live in their tents. 26 For they persecute the ones You have struck, And talk of the grief of those You have wounded. 27 Add iniquity to their iniquity, And let them not come into Your righteousness. 28 Let them be blotted out of the book of the living, And not be written with the righteous.
(Psalm 69:19-28)

Our family has experienced a serious injustice from someone whom we called a friend; a minister in the church, and a leader in the Christian community. We have appealed to the person, and they have ignored us. We have asked for help from church leaders, and they have told us that they cannot help us. We have reported the matter to government authorities, and despite the fact that the injustice has caused us great hardship, they have said that the incident is too small for them to consider. We have approached the courts, and the legal advice was that it would cost us $5000 or more for the courts to say that wrong had been done, but there would be no compensation, and no reimbursement of the legal costs. We have approached the police, and they are too busy to pursue the matter, and have referred us back to the court system.

There is none on earth who will stand in our place and provide justice for the serious wrong doing that has taken place in our lives. To whom can we turn? The Lord. We can appeal to Him. Christ is our Mediator -- our Heavenly Lawyer -- and His Father is the Judge of the whole earth. From God shall come our vindication, and from the Lord shall justice be administered.

No comments: