Sunday, May 17, 2009

The Government planned impoverishment of the prudent.


12 For it is not an enemy who reproaches me; Then I could bear it. Nor is it one who hates me who has exalted himself against me; Then I could hide from him. 13 But it was you, a man my equal, My companion and my acquaintance. 14 We took sweet counsel together, And walked to the house of God in the throng. 15 Let death seize them; Let them go down alive into hell, For wickedness is in their dwellings and among them.
16 As for me, I will call upon God, And the LORD shall save me. 17 Evening and morning and at noon I will pray, and cry aloud, And He shall hear my voice. 18 He has redeemed my soul in peace from the battle that was against me, For there were many against me. 19 God will hear, and afflict them, Even He who abides from of old. Selah Because they do not change, Therefore they do not fear God. 20 He has put forth his hands against those who were at peace with him; He has broken his covenant. 21 The words of his mouth were smoother than butter, But war was in his heart; His words were softer than oil, Yet they were drawn swords. 22 Cast your burden on the LORD, And He shall sustain you; He shall never permit the righteous to be moved. 23 But You, O God, shall bring them down to the pit of destruction; Bloodthirsty and deceitful men shall not live out half their days; But I will trust in You. (Psalm 55:12-23)

This morning I was reading of the present Government's plan to force self-funded retirees to exchange their retirement savings for government-funded, government-regulated pensions. The plan to do this is because the Government will never be able to get itself out of the debt that has been created by the recent Government, debt-funded stimulus package.

If what I read is true, then this will be the second time that I have had my hard-earned, pleasure-postponed savings stolen from me; every last cent that I have tried to prudently sent forward to the time that I am no longer able to work for an income.

Apart from the hope in this Psalm, and the hope of the glorious resurrection of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, such news generates an enormous array of emotions: anger, helplessness, frustration, resentment, pained anticipation, a desire for revenge and vengeance.

I need help from the Lord to guide me through this one. The end of the article advises that we need to plan our retirement in the knowledge that everything in our Superannuation savings will be forcibly taken from us. When you put this in the context of the Government's announcement to attack Family Trusts, and other Family Wealth protection instruments, it is glaringly obvious that Australians have voted themselves a Government that is planning to take on the full breadth of God-like attributes.

I will cast my burden on You LORD, and you shall sustain me; You shall never permit the righteous to be moved. I will trust in You.

No comments: