Tuesday, May 5, 2009

I WILL praise the Lord

1 My God, My God, why have You forsaken Me? Why are You so far from helping Me, and from the words of My groaning?
2 O My God, I cry in the daytime, but You do not hear;
And in the night season, and am not silent.

3 But You are holy,
Enthroned in the praises of Israel.
4 Our fathers trusted in You;
They trusted, and You delivered them.
5 They cried to You, and were delivered;
They trusted in You, and were not ashamed.
(Psalm 22:1-5)

Very often have I cried out to God, and it seems that the heavens are like brass. Oh how often I have been tempted to say, "What is the use of praying?" However, when I read the Scriptures, and think upon the goodness of the Lord to the saints of old, I am resigned to confess, "Though You slay me, Lord, yet will I trust in You."

It is not how we feel, at any point in time, that governs the goodness of God. God IS good. He will work all things together for good, for those who love Him, and are the called according to His purposes.

I will trust in the Lord. I will declare the goodness of God. I will say of the Lord, "He is my refuge and my fortress, my God; and in Him will I trust." My soul, "Praise the Lord!" All that is within me, "Praise the Lord!"

Amen!

No comments: