Wednesday, May 6, 2009

There is no Salvation Without Judgment


10 Say among the nations, “The LORD reigns; The world also is firmly established, It shall not be moved; He shall judge the peoples righteously.” 11 Let the heavens rejoice, and let the earth be glad; Let the sea roar, and all its fullness; 12 Let the field be joyful, and all that is in it. Then all the trees of the woods will rejoice 13 before the LORD. For He is coming, for He is coming to judge the earth. He shall judge the world with righteousness, And the peoples with His truth. (Psalm 96:10-13)

The heavens are joyful, the earth is glad, the seas are ecstatic, the fish rejoice, the fields are full of joy. And why so? Because the Lord is coming in judgement. His measure of judgement is righteousness and truth. What is righteousness? It is that which is done rightly; with a right motive, a right attitude, a right action, with a right outcome. It is only the Lord Who can declare what is right and what is wrong. What is truth? Jesus said, "I AM ... the Truth." He, and He alone is the standard and measure of truth. The ways of righteousness and the ways of truth can only be found in the pages of the Bible, and can only be consistently lived through the work of the Holy Spirit in us.

I am weak, but He is strong. I need a Saviour; Someone Who will rescue me from my sin and from the inevitable judgement upon sinners. Thank God for His Son, our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ. In Him I am declared to be righteous. Through Him I am changed from the heart that I may love to do that which is right, and love that which is true. Because of Him, and Him alone, I can rejoice with the creation as I see the judgements of God in the land. The Lord reigns, and He loves the righteous, but the wicked shall be wiped from the face of the earth.

Even so, Maranatha!

No comments: