Monday, September 7, 2009

If you will be my people, I will be your God


My tabernacle also shall be with them; indeed I will be their God, and they shall be My people. The nations also will know that I, the LORD, sanctify Israel, when My sanctuary is in their midst forevermore. (Ezekiel 37:27-28)

Jesus said to the Jewish nation, "The Kingdom of God will be taken away from you and be given to a nation producing the fruit of it." (Matthew 21:43) Elsewhere God says, "If you will be my people, I will be your God." "Blessed is the nation whose God is the Lord."

There are very many benefits that accompany the situation of the Lord being God of a nation. However, the required prerequisite is that such a nation be the people of God. Being the people of God is not simply saying, "We are the people of the Lord." Rather, living in obedience to the commandments of the Lord, as they relate to every area of life, is the prerequisite.

I want to be a part of a church that is very serious in this regard. I want to be a part of a church that says, "We will love the Lord with all our heart, with all our soul, with all our strength and with all our mind," and rejoice in the declaration of Jesus when He said, "If you love Me, you will keep my commandments."

This is the kind of church that I want to be a part of.

No comments: